creamy broccoli soup
This soup is SO delicious, even your kids will love it! Forget trying to trick them into eating their greens, they'll beg for this soup. Packed with the ideal protein for weight loss, not to mention loaded with vitamins and minerals, this mouth-watering soup will keep you and your family full for hours, while the prebiotic fiber gets to work repairing your gut flora from the inside out. Did you know that one cup of cooked broccoli offers as much Vitamin C as an orange? Broccoli is also rich in vitamins B1, B2, B3, B6, iron, magnesium, potassium and zinc! It's a powerhouse of health, and we're bringing it to you in soup-form. Lose weight with delicious foods thanks to Nutracelle's Nutralean.
- 2 chopped heads of broccoli
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 2 tbsp olive oil for frying
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp organic chicken bouillon
- 2 tsp onion powder
- Epicure 3-onion dip mix to taste
- 3 scoops Natural Nutralean
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- salt & pepper to taste
- Saute chopped broccoli, minced garlic, and onion in olive oil.
- Add 1/4 cup water and chicken bouillon.
- Cover and cook until broccoli is tender.
- Add onion powder and Epicure 3-onion dip mix.
- Mix well.
- (Optional) reserve 2 florets of broccoli for texture later.
- If using a Vitamix: pour mixture in, and add remaining ingredients (salt & pepper, Natural Nutralean, and coconut milk)
- Blend mixture on 'soup' setting until creamy.
- Add reserved florets of broccoli and pulse until chopped.
- If using a hand mixer: add remaining ingredients (salt & pepper, Natural Nutralean, and coconut milk). Blend until smooth and creamy.