low carb beef biscuit casserole
What?? Losing weight with comfort food? This amazing low-carb casserole will blow your mind! Think Shepherd's Pie combined with Grandma's biscuits, creating the most delicious, filling, comforting meal you've ever had! This cheesy, easy, beefy, healthy and ... well, just straight up mouth-watering hungry man's dish is perfect for any day of the week! Packed with protein, low in net carbohydrates with no sugar or flour, it will leave you feeling full without the added sloth feeling after a not-so-healthy version of it. Your friends and family members won't even believe that you can lose weight, feel great, and have MORE energy with a comfort meal like this! When we checked out the "other guys" recipes for beef & biscuit casserole, we couldn't believe that they had a minimum of 30g of carbs per serving! That was simply unacceptable to us, so we recreated this dish and jammed it full of Nutracelle's Natural Nutralean (30g of whey protein, and 10g of prebiotic fiber PER serving). With just 4g of net carbs per serving and a whopping 21g of protein, you won't find a healthier version out there! Now you can cozy up with your loved ones around the family table and enjoy a meal that will be so delicious and filling... you'll want seconds, but won't have room! That's okay, though! Leftovers are always delicious! Don't worry, we won't tell Grandma that her biscuits aren't her favourite anymore.
- 1 large Spanish onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup cauliflower, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 tbsp chopped thyme
- 1 tbsp chopped rosemary
- 1/2 cup Natural Nutralean
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tbsp Corn Starch or Guar Gum
- Mix browned leaned-ground beef with onion and veggies you have one hand.
- Add in beef broth, herbs, thickener, and Nutralean.
- Then scoop a double batch of our healthy yummy biscuit/bun recipe
- Bake at 350° for 45 to 50 minutes until biscuit is well-browned.