Almond Flour Soft Pretzels
I LOVE soft pretzels! These were the perfect treat - buttery, salty, and packed with garlic (my fave!). The best part? We enjoyed them two days later and they were still just as tasty.
- 1.5 Cups Almond Flour
- 3 Whole Eggs
- 1/3 Cup Melted Butter
- Sea Salt
- 1 Tsp Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 5 Tbsp Cream Cheese
- 3 Cups Mozzarella (Shredded)
- 1/2 Cup Natural Nutralean
- Preheat oven to 425. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine almond flour, Natural Nutralean, baking powder and garlic powder. (Note: If you don't like them as garlicy, add some onion powder to cut that flavor. 1 tsp of onion powder would work).
- In a small bowl, crack one egg and whisk with a fork. This will be your egg wash for the top of the pretzels.
- In a microwave-safe mixing bowl, microwave the shredded mozzarella cheese and cream cheese for 1 minute and 30 seconds. Mix well. Microwave again for 1 additional minute, mix well again.
- To the cheese mixture mixing bowl, add the remaining 2 eggs and finally the almond flour/Natural mixture. Mix until all ingredients are combined well. (See step 6 for tips)
- For mixing, once my spatula became useless (the dough was thick!), I grabbed a tiny handful of Natural and spread it on my hands before handling the dough - this was VERY helpful in helping it form like regular dough!
- Once mixed well and dough-like texture is formed, separate into equal portions and roll each portion into thin, long pieces. Fold into pretzel shapes (or do your best like I did) and place onto cookie sheet.
- Brush the top of each pretzel with the egg wash, and sprinkle sea salt on top.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown! (I brushed mine with melted butter and a little extra salt after!)
- Enjoy ♥